Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cousins

Growing up I had so much fun with my cousins. To this day I treasure those memories we made...writing letters to Emily (I'm pretty sure Emily was my primary source for everything pop-culture and taught me boys are not "cute" they are "so fine"), spending a week in Colorado and Minnesota every summer, the famous Grandkids Week at Grandpa Don's (Grandpa, thank you for being crazy enough to host that event. It is truly one of my greatest childhood memories.), baseball in the park at the 4th of July, and of course babysitting all of my younger Effertz cousins.

I'm so happy Grace has cousins her age on both sides to share those joys and make those memories! It is amazing how they connect already.

From 2010-3-29


We had the pleasure of a visit from Sarah, Abbey and Anna a couple weeks ago, and the highlight was definitely watching our girls play together. It was wonderful! They played so well and would sporadically just hug each other. When they were leaving Anna turned back to wave goodbye to Grace and said, "I love you." (Yes, I'm crying again.) They are just so sweet!

From 2010-3-29


Grace also has the fortune of having Logan so close by. He calls her "my baby" and is so good about sharing his toys with her (a big step for an almost 3 year old boy). They have fun playing together at Grandma and Grandpa's!

From 2010-3-29

From 2010-3-29


Grace's cousin Adam (Lucas' cousin Katie's son) is also just 6 months older than Grace. A few weeks ago we had dinner together and those two had a blast! Adam taught Grace all about tractors and Grace told Adam all about shoes. By the end of the evening they were sneaking away to play hide-n-seek in the hallway. They're quite a pair!

From 2010-3-29

From 2010-3-29

Thank you to all of our cousins for impacting our lives and making us smile!

1 comment:

  1. I was supposed to send you the pictures, wasn't I? Sorry!

    ReplyDelete